I Have Been Blessed

I have been blessed. There is no doubt. I have experienced love and felt the warmth of nurturing friends and family. I cannot tell you that everyone that meets me loves me. Please don't be misguided; I, like everyone else, have my idiosyncrasies and those 'oh so lovely' moody times everyone hates. You can even ask a few people that have been very close to me and I'm sure they will have many interesting 'facts' to say. As the story goes… but I digress. My point being, I, like you, am not perfect. I will say though that with my imperfections and my moments of weakness, I have known love and laughter like only a few people I have met have enjoyed it. I cannot tell you I am THE happiest person I know. That would be a lie too. I won't do that… but I have learned to keep a positive attitude even at times when things look hopeless.

Luck follows me; or is it something else? I don't know. I won't go into my belief system and a big discussion on God and the world and a known or unknown secret. We all have our beliefs and for me to pretend I have it all figured out… well, that would be childish. Had I figured out the reason I am here and how this wonder we call world works, I probably would have to die. ;) It's probably 'classified information' from the angels and that realm we cannot see. Maybe the second we figure it out, we must leave this world and move on to another one. Or maybe it's as simple as learning to love everyone around us, no matter how they have wronged us. Again, I don't know. What I do know is that during the times of struggle and despair, there's always something, some type of aid that comes to my rescue. Perhaps is the hand of God and it works through angels, or my conscience, or my own Self… Thus finding internal strength to pull through and continue in my journey. Whatever it is and whatever you want to call it, it's there. It's palpable and very strong.

Love is always present. Wherever I turn, whatever I look at, I see it. In the morning sun, or the dew on fresh leaves, or even in dark clouds just as the heavens are about to pour life into our 'not so safe' little havens (no, not heaven, haven). Ironic. I see love in friends, children, a flower, a smile, even a tear. Perhaps even more so in a tear…

How beautiful it has been to look back. This path, this journey… the voyage to my future. It has been such a pleasure and sometimes even such a pain. I must say (and I cannot be certain if you'll agree) that when I look back, I realize that the pain I withstood, as bad as it seemed at the time, could have been a lot worse. I understand where my miracles have occurred, and there have been many. Has that been the case for you? Don't you agree? It is not worth getting hysterical for nothing? Would you not say that if you put your heart and soul into something and put your best foot forward things will always work out right? … The way they should? Well, I do. I can say today (and I can say it with conviction) that I KNOW I will be alright no matter what.

And there's where I see some of my blessings… yes, only some. The others are what you would call ordinary things: the laughter of the person you care for, a hug from your dearest friends, an approval smile from the boss, a nod of consent from that big executive you admire so much, and unexpected hello from a child at a supermarket, the best rice and beans you ever tasted (the ones you just bought with your own money and made with your own two hands). And you feel like the heavens really are being a big unfair with others.

And maybe they are not… it's not that they are being 'extra caring with me'. Maybe it's just the talent to smile, the real blessing. The blessing to be able to smile and do it honestly, in the face of danger, in the face of pain, in the face of adversity. What a hard thing to do it has been sometimes, a hard lesson learned… that negativity will only bring you down and a huge smile and a different perspective could change everything, any time!

Situations! There have been many… predicaments, challenges, problems… … … hm…? … or is it opportunities? Changes? How beautiful they all have been. How intensely awesome my life has turned out to be, full of truths and laughter.

Comments

Popular Posts