For a Moment

People. Sometimes they stay, sometimes they leave, sometimes they even linger for a moment, knowing fully well they have no intention of staying…

Rage, pain, violence of heart. That’s what they leave behind, for a moment, for a moment. I’d rather they leave… I’d rather they take with them every kiss, every caress, every memory of the touch of their skin… all the warmth shared, for a moment.

But then again… if they did that, if they retrieved and took of them every memoir, what would I live for? What would I do? What would I have if nothing but those beautiful moments? What would I have but the knowledge and the certainty that I gave it all, that I had life contained in a kiss; that the universe was given to me in one touch, in one moment of rapture of my soul. What would life be if nothing but love in the breath of the one you love, if only for that one moment.

So I say bring it! For a moment, give to me all of your soul and all of you without reserve, without regret. Even when you leave, don’t look back, don’t pity my soul, for I had you, I had all of you, in an instant, for a moment, for an eternity. Don’t think you fooled me, don’t laugh thinking you got to walk away without consequence; you took a piece of me with you and it will never make it back.

You have all of me, as I have all of you. Another one will come, another one will go… and you will give all of you again, for a moment. But you shall carry with you a piece of my Self, a piece of my essence. And it will make you stronger, as you have made me stronger.

So don’t fill yourself with arrogance, don’t fill yourself with pride. Yes, you have given me much of you and made me a Goddess – know in turn, I made you too. I made you a God, an Adonis for someone else to enjoy. We are all creators in our own right and we do it with joy, sometimes in pain, and sometimes in love.

Come to me, without arrogance, you will leave even more whole than you arrived… and I thank you… I thank you because for a moment you will love me, and you will share a piece of you and your soul shall forever stay with me… forever, for a moment…

Comments

Popular Posts