How, I ask?

How to love without loving? How to give your all and keep it to yourself? How to fulfill the Creator's wish to give without being able to do so? How do I give my heart and keep it open if someone closes the door? What do I do with the words? How do I contain my tongue from pressing against every corner of my mouth and every edge of my lips to form the syllable that matters the most? How do I do it? I ask... Won't somebody tell me? What do I do with my hands? How do I reach out without touching? How do I touch without feeling? What do I do with the warmth that my fingers supply? What do I do with the love in my palms? I ask... What do I do with the million caresses, how do I hold them when all they want to do is fly away. What do I do with my hands? Where do I turn? If God himself giveth, and He Himself tooketh away, where do I go? What do I do with my legs? How do I push them to move when the ice won't let them? And if they sense him near, how, I ask, do I hold them still? How do I keep them from trembling, from running like the wind to him!! How? How, I ask? Where do I look? What do I see to keep my sight? I ask! God, please hear my prayer!!! When my eyes sting because he's not here, where do I look? When my tears are flowing and they burn as they hold tight, how do I see? How do I keep my eyes from going blind with pain, where is the balm? Dear God, I ask. What do I do with my taste buds if they only want but one sweet taste. When all that is left is the acid and the bitterness, what do I taste? God, be my nectar to survive this bitter pain. What do I do with my lost voice...? There is no song without the muse... I only have but the one question, the one that God unfolds... What do I do with my senses when all they have done is fall? Love caught all of them and trapped them, now I don't know where to go. Surely, the way has been paved, surely I'll know where it leads. The angels will show me the way, God already gave what I need. Somehow He will take me where I need to be. There's no doubt I'll be fine, this I know. But in the mean time while I get the hang of this, I ask you, where do I go from here? Lord, hear my prayer, replace what you will... Make me peace, make me love, make me what you want me to be. But tell me, in the mean time what to do with all my senses, the desires you gave me and the feelings that won't go away. Give me the wisdom to know what to do, where to turn, what to see, to taste, to run to you. Please make me love for you and to share... Please tell me... do I standstill or turn?

Comments

Popular Posts