Love Is Never Defeated

Ashamed to have let someone come in, uninvited. Still, not rejected, entertained by more than my stupid fear. I underestimated the power of it. Fear lurking and laughing the sinister laugh, me oblivious and judgmental. My victory of stopping it was shadowed in complete darkness by my silence. A lonely bitter victory that put my character to test… and I failed. Put through the test, through the fire, and got burnt. A failure confirmed by my lonely position. The battle was lost, the love shaken and now put to test for both. I failed to mention my faults, failed to open my heart, and in fear I coward and crumbled to pieces, the fire burnt me to the ground. Like a vacuum, powering up, trying to breathe, breathe in the essence back to life. Pick up the dust, pick up the pieces, mold into clay. The fire is burning inside me still - the battle was lost, but love is never defeated…

Comments

Popular Posts