Raging Senses

My heart pounds at the sight of you, sweating, running through my body, making me dizzy… laughing at my mind for its limp insignificance and impotence. I want to run too – run to the fountain of your untouched lips. Like a lost spirit, eons apart from its reality, I laugh – the same reactive laughter I know so well.

My eyes are rejuvenated and wet with the yearning of you. I look away, lest they follow you around when they meet you. Like a lullaby, your voice rocks me; the most soothing sound, exciting me and taming me all the same. My lips cry out, tortured by the blaze that glazes them, desperate in the flames you ignited – thirsty, hungry. My hands are my prisoners; I am the Roman warrior that keeps them from going where they may. I breathe you in, taking in all I can – this is all I can do… at times. The velvety, sweet and musky scent elevates my wings – I can fly.

And so I must keep the wrath within…! Raging fear of losing you altogether. Senseless thought! I don’t have you! How can I lose you?! And I move without a purpose, without the voice I used to carry. So I go… go to find myself again, with the conviction that me and my senses will find each other again…

Silence… that is what I’ll hear. I know. No worries. For my silence will carry me through. My own heart, running mad, charging my body will soothe me once again. Wishing, ‘til the end of my journey, I’ll revive my every vein. My own courage, my own love, the ones you reject, will be enough. They will be enough to see me through.

Comments

Popular Posts