Stand Still...

Everything moves, everything changes. Nothing stands still, except my still heart. Still in the midst of all the rushes and shots of pain. And all is like a flash, moving fast against the pane of the world. Glances, laughs, evil words, good deeds unseen or ignored.

Life continues, efforts for gain and personal growth, but the wrong kind. Work for an empty future, pride, lust for things that will pass. A dad wondering what toy he will bring his son - ignorance of the things that matter. A mom, forgetting to kiss her daughter, moving alone forward, forgetting her baby behind. A daughter trying, trying so hard, never had a chance. Clusters of empty souls; cluttering against each other, never exending a hand. Offerings of wealth, no riches in sight.

No ground, only filth and cold air. No stepping stones, no light, no guidance. More flashes, darkness, deceitful colors. A smile empty without substance. An invisible soul floating like a ghost in the night. Dark rays, emptiness, lost hopes and dreams unrealized. Silence; no approval embrace. Bitterness, envy, misunderstood actions and judged lives.

And it still revolves; it all revolves around a love forgotten, a love saddened by its own wisdom. The lost mercy its punishment for trying to recuperate the very nature of the world. Awaiting its time; the day I will reach out and make it happen.

Across the hustle, across the flashes and the tempest, a stand still. A glow, a light. Who sees it but me? Who can feel the fill? It floods my heart and blinds each steps. For otherwise, I would not know how to move. My head is blocked, all I feel is happiness and I must cross. It knows, love knows... the only one who ever did.

I try to move ahead and smile like a safe child, a naked heart before God. The rays startle me. The noise around is too great - I can't think. But love knows, it always did. The only one who ever did. So it boggles my head, makes me ignore the flashes, fills my heart again, and makes it stand still... Stand still against the suffering, against the fear, against the threats, the shame and the hate.

I can't think, but I feel. I feel the love, I feel the strength and I move forward... Each step feeling lighter, full of hope and light. The burdens lifting, the pain is gone. Do others follow? I cannot see; I am blinded by the light. But I can see, I can see.

The breeze is sweet, it warms my blood. The sound is soothing, I have no foes. I leave it all behind; against the cold, against the hopelessness. I am alive; alongside love.

It doesn't matter, though will always change. It always does. Everything moves, everything evolves. Clusters of lost souls, cluttering of the minds. Lost souls trying to make it, some asking to be led. Looking into the light, I stand still; my heart moving ahead.

Comments

Popular Posts